Thursday, April 1, 2010

Round 3


It's been about 3 weeks since I've blogged - Sorry. Life has been hectic and emotional for me. Our second round of Clomid, which I took at the beginning of March didn't results in a pregnancy, but it did make my cycle 54 days long! Can you imagine how hormonal I've been? Poor Jason!!!!

This last cycle I showed signs of fertility almost every day, yet when I did my blood draw on Peak +7, my progesterone level was 3.3 and estrogen was 3.6. They both went up just a bit from last cycle, but still not high enough to ovulate. You don't ovulate unless your progesterone is at least at 10.

This cycle I also started thyroid supplements. I was always cold and had many of the other symptoms of low thyroid. Now I'm hot and haven't been sleeping as a result of sweats and nightmares.

In addition to the poor sleeping, I have been moody, emotional, forgetful and unable to find the proper words to use when I'm speaking with people. I think Jason wanted to jump in a lake this last month because I was so difficult to live with. But I appreciate that he didn't ... and that he's being supportive.

We'll start our third round of Clomid on Sunday. Haven't heard if they'll increase it, but I suspect they will.

We'll just keep our hopes up and try again.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers. We so badly want a child and it's frustrating to see others get pregnant so easily when it seems impossible for us. Prayers help us keep going, so thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa-I am so sorry for your struggles. Be assured of our prayers for you and Jason-you will be amazing parents!!! God must have something AMAZING planned for the two of you. Love and prayers!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete