Friday, July 16, 2010

13 Going on 30

I just love the movie 13 Going on 30. I'm listening to it right now on listentoamovie.com as I enter mindless information for a story for the Catholic Voice. The clothes, the soundtrack and the acting an storyline are just awesome. :)

When my friends and I - Lisa Brandon, Angie Larson, Vicky Munoz and Kristi Mikkelson - turned 30 a few years back, we wanted to honor the move with shirts. So we made sweet t-shirts.



Yesterday I got a fantastic letter from Kiara. She's in the Douglas County Youth Center in Omaha for truancy (she was a runaway since April - for the 3rd time) and I haven't seen her since last October. We have kept in touch off and on through myspace though, even while she was missing. Anyway, she wrote me the most incredibly sincere, apologetic and reflective letter and it made me cry. I love her so much and I'm so happy to see she is starting to look at her life and the direction it's taking in a different way. I always hoped she would. So I hope one day we'll be able to hang out again as Big Sister/Little Sister.



Also, my boss really needs prayers. Charlie has been fighting one illness after another since last October. First it was kidney cancer (in the only kidney he had), then it's been dialysis every day, pneumonia and hyrnias. The lastest is a stroke. It happened last Thursday evening and he's been paralyzed on one side and unable to speak. I am so, so worried about him, so please keep him in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment