Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Monday

Hey, hope you all had a nice weekend. Mine was productive - so was Jason's considering he worked nearly 60 hour last week and then another 17 1/2 hours on Saturday! While he was at work, I cleaned our house, changed the shower curtain liner, and washed the tile floors. While he was at work, I also went to dinner with our friends Courtney and Tracy. Jason was supposed to be home in time to join us at Grisanti's, but that obviously never happened.

Yesterday we slept in until about 11 a.m. I made brunch (pancakes with strawberry syrup) while Jason got us coffee from Starbucks. We caught up on our recorded shows from the week, ate Doritos and had BBQ ribs (I made them) for dinner. It was a horrible weekend for our diets, but I didn't care.

I guess we both were a little wiped out last night because neither of us set the alarm in our bedroom so we got up late - well, Jason got up late. He got a phone call at 6:17 a.m. from his coworker and he realized he had overslept. That's about the time I get up when I don't go to the gym, so I was OK. He was scrambling as I made coffee, put his lunch together and made him a quick breakfast. Not the way you'd like to start Mondays. I got to work on time with no problem.

Update: The second round of clomid didn't work, but it did do something as my cycle has reached the 40-day mark. Normaly my cycles are only 24-28 days if I get my progesterone shots. This cycle I also started thyroid medication and have been increasing the dosage throughout. I'll find out today if I need to increase again tomorrow.

On another note: Last week was our parish mission at church. Jason and I have gone the last 2 years and have felt inspired. In fact, that first year I don't think Jason had really felt moved to become Catholic until he heard the two Vincentian priests speak. It's also inspiring at the parish mission to be surrounded by people who WANT to be there, who participate in the singing and who also want to grow in their faith through the experience.

This year we had two Redemptorist priests. Each night we felt inspired in our faith and look forward to our parish mission next year.

Anyway, this week at work we're in production. I was proud of myself last week because my coworker (our graphic designer and the one who usually physically lays out the pages on the computer) was sick. I spent the day at her desk designing and laying out pages. I was proud of myself for learning the skills to do it. :)

I'll try to do better about writing this week. It was just a crazy week last week and the weekend, too. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa-please know that you and Jason are in my prayers. I'm glad that your cycles are hopefully straightening out and something will happen in the near future! Thanks for updating your blog-I enjoy "catching up" with you! Hopefully sometime soon we'll get to chat in person!!!

    ReplyDelete