Monday, June 14, 2010

7 weeks


It's official!!!! I'm a mommy!!!!!!

I'm pregnant ... finally ... seven weeks along! I wasn't sure if I was going to break the new so soon on my blog, but I'm excited (Jason too) and I want to celebrate this baby's little life so far.

Last week we had our first ultrasound and saw our baby's heart beating like crazy! It was so surreal (still is) to see a baby growing in MY tummy!

I've been dealing with pregnancy symptoms - nausea, fatigue, breathing issues - but I'll take them all (and more) because they mean I have life inside of me.

I really cannot believe the clomid worked. I also think getting regular adjustments from my brother helped, too, as well as all the prayers from so many family and friends.

Our baby (we're not going to find out the sex) is due Jan. 30.

The other good news is that Jason has decided not to go to Winterset afterall. He told his boss that he wanted to be near me throughout the pregnancy and Jason was told there would be other opportunities for him here in the Omaha area.

Jason's giving me progesterone shots (200 mg) twice a week, which will help us avoid miscarriage.

Miscarriage - That's one of the reasons we were hesitant to tell people. Most people don't find out they're pregnant until they are about 8-10 weeks along, but we found out at 4 because I was being monitored so closely. While we're not telling everyone (just close family and friends), I want to celebrate this baby's life even if it means we might have to mourn "publicly" later. I have confidence in my doctors and in Jason's progestrone-giving skills that I will carry this baby full term.

We are just so incredibly excited and so grateful to God for his desire to have us bring a child into the world.

Thanks for your continued prayers.

5 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo :-) So happy Lisa!!! We were the same way, hesitant to say anything with my pregnancy with Joseph, but could not keep the exciting news and wanted to celebrate even if it meant for a while. God willing you will be celebrating your baby's birth in January 2011...maybe on the 28th! that's Raphael's bithday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

    No, no Way!!! I am giddy for you. What great news. You are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! What a wonderful blessing!!! Prayers for a happy and healthy nine months!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I'm thinking the baby has already gotten the "stubborn-ness" out of his/her system after everything you've been through, so hopefully that means an easy time from here on out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! We are so happy for you and Jason :) Prayers for your growing family!

    ReplyDelete